The Pacific States, also known as Oceania, are broadly divided into the three regions of Polynesia, Micronesia, and Melanesia. Polynesia is the only region with much linguistic or cultural continuity. The Micronesian islands have a shared history, dominated successively by Wa'ab, Castile and Leon, and Japan, but is home to a wide range of languages (the experiment of Unified Micronesian notwithstanding). Melanesia is a catch-all region stretching from Papua to Fiji, its islands and cultures having little in common other than proximity.
- Austronesian League: Supranational organization to foster cooperation among the Austronesian-speaking languages in economics, cultural affairs, foreign policy, defense, and the environment. Includes most of the Pacific states plus Japan and Madagascar.
- ANJAC: GW2-era military alliance with roots in the Austronesian League
- Pacific Ocean Regional Forum (PORF): Inter-governmental forum concerned with commerce, ecology, and human rights. Includes not only the island states but nearly all mainland nations with Pacific coastline.
- Pacific Press Association (PPA): A news agency whose scope includes all of Oceania
- Polynesian United News Agency (PUNA): Exclusively Polynesian in scope, based in Tahiti
List of nations
The following nations are QSS:
- Guam - Administrated from Guayaquil, Nueva Granada, for several years, but currently is a semi-autonomous dependency of the Kingdom of Castile and Leon. As part of the Castilian Overseas Territories, part of the administration of the kingdom is done from Las Palmas, Canary Islands, and part from Guayaquil. [From Carlos]
- Henua - Also known as Easter Island; independent kingdom.
- Micronesian Confederation - The Caroline Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Gilbert Islands; also Northern Marianas and Palau, both shared with Filipinas; the Emperor of Japan is High King. Subdivided into five states and two tributaries.
- Nauru - Independent republic.
- Kanawiki - *Here*'s Hawaii; Emperor of Japan was symbolic High King until present Emperor's ascension to the throne. Federated kingdom.
- Nittatò - A protectorate of Japan, part of kingdom of Kauai, Kanawiki
- Fiji - consists of Tuvalu and Fiji Islands. [W.Ch.: Under King Thakombao V (Cakobao, *here*).]
- Ralik and Ratak Islands - independent kingdom and former member of Micronesian Confederation
- Rickerman-Insel - lying outside of Polynesia, a German colony since 2003 (part of Mejico before that).
- Toga - Independent nation, allied with Fiji
- Tokelau - Fijian dependency, pursuing independence
The rest provisionally consists of (and subject to change):
- Unnamed French territory - New Caledonia and Vanuatu
- Fijian Melanesia - Solomon Islands and Santa Cruz Islands; A dependency of Fiji
- Fijian Polynesia - Tokelau, Cook Islands, part of Samoa; A dependancy of Fiji
- Kuke - Aotearoan dependency (or part of Fijian Polynesia)
- Niue - Aotearoan dependency (or part of Fijian Polynesia)
- Rapa Iti - Aotearoan dependency
- Samoa - Aotearoan dependency (or part of Fijian Polynesia)
- Kingdom of Tahiti - Society Islands; formerly Cambrian Polynesia/Polynesi Gemruis, a former dependency of Australasia under New South Kemr, now an independent kingdom within the Commonwealth
- Tubuai - The Austral Islands may be a separate kingdom and former region of Cambrian Polynesia.
- French Polynesia - Pitcairn Islands; dependancy of France
Boxes represent QSS nations. Circles represent nations which provisionally exist, but whose exact borders are not known. The colors stand for:
- Bright Green: Micronesian Federation
- Pale Green: Tributary states to both Micronesia and Bornei-Filipinas
- Yellow: Kingdom of Castile and Leon
- Blue: French dependencies
- Pink: Fiji and dependencies
- Orange: Aotearoa and dependencies
- Violet: Kanawiki and Nittato
- Teal: Independent states
- Grey: uncertain
Large capital letters represent Ill Bethisad nations. Small lettering represents the names of locations *here* and is kept as a reference.
- AO: Aotearoa
- CH: Chuuk
- BB: Banaba
- FI: Fiji
- FM: Fijian Melanesia
- FP: Fijian Polynesia
- GM: Guam
- HE: Henua
- KA: Kanawiki
- KI: Kiripati
- KK: Kuke (may belong to either Aotearoa or Fiji)
- KX: Koxae
- MA: Marianas
- MF: French Melanesia
- NA: Nauru
- NT: Nittato
- NU: Niue (may belong to Aotearoa or Fiji)
- PC: Castilian Polynesia
- PF: French Polynesia
- PI: Ponpei
- PN: Papua-New-Guinea
- PL: Palau
- RR: Ralik and Ratak
- SA: Samoa (may belong to Aotearoa or Fiji)
- TA: Tahiti
- TG: Toga
- TK: Tokelau
- WA: Wa'ab
Another map of QSS states is below. It should be noted that some borders are uncertain. In particular, the eastern border of Malucos is unknown, and the exact islands under Australasian control are simply assumed to be the same as *here*