User talk:Nik/archive1

From IBWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Hi Nik! How sad, such an empty User talk page! ;))

Here's one question for you. When checking the Old wiki for forgotten pages, I stumbled upon a page called John Roswell, created by you and later blanked by you. Personally I think the article was quite nice, but I assume you had a pretty good reason for blanking it out, and therefore I didn't want to import it here just like that. Just in case, I saved the original article on my own PC. Would you like me to transfer it after all? Cheers, IJzeren Jan 14:55, 9 Feb 2005 (PST).

Ah, thanks. I blanked it because I'd changed his name.  :-) He's Jean de Cournouaille Nik 15:44, 9 Feb 2005 (PST)

Contents

Japan Subdivisions

do you need help with those maps?

here's a page that might help you do this:

http://web-japan.org/region/shikoku.html BoArthur

Housecleaning

Looks like you're doing a bunch o'that right now, eh? BoArthur 19:27, 6 Mar 2005 (PST)

Templates

Hey Nik! You've been quite active making templates for Japan. Here's a small request on my part to you: would you mind adding those to Templates for user messages after creating them? Cheers, IJzeren Jan 08:57, 8 Mar 2005 (PST)

Look this up!

Post your response to anything in this, would you, since it directly affects you.

Talk:Nissen Languages

Taiwan

Looks good to me. BoArthur

Xliponia - Need Your Approval

Hello, Nik!

Below is a message I got from Jan van Steenbergen on my Xliponia proposal. It will be clear to you that I need your go-ahead to turn this proposal into a neighbour of Greece. Please reply as soon as possible, using my gmail address. I am going to upload the map with the postal provinces as XL-Provinces.gif.

Thanks!

Ronald

- - - - - [ Start Quote ] - - - - -

From: Jan van Steenbergen <[email protected]>

To: Ronald Kyrmse <[email protected]>, andrew <[email protected]>

Date: May 3, 2005 9:16 PM

Subject: Re: Ill Bethisad / Xliponia

--- Ronald Kyrmse skrzypszy:

> I'm thinking quite concretely of a stretch of some 80km of the coast of

> Epirus, from the Albanian border to Préveza, including the island of

> Kérkira and going inland only as far as Ioánnina (this should give you

> an idea of the area I mean, referred to *here*). [...]

> In fact, this is how the new map - with the postal provinces - would

> look like.

Excellent! Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind. There is still one minor difference between the Albanian borders *there* and *here*: on Ferko's map of Albania, Gjirokastër is part of Greece. I don't know in how far he made a conscious choice, so I'd leave it up to you...

> Whom should I consult - quite concretely - as I understand this is a

> piece of Greece as it now stands?

Nik Taylor would be the person to speak to. Greece was not claimed until recently, and not overly much work has been done on it. What we know is that Greece was on the wrong side in the Second Great War, that it considers itself the centre of the universe, and that all in all it is quite an annoying and querulous little bugger!

Nik can be contacted very easily. Whether you simply send a message to the Conculture group or to his User page in the wiki, it will get through to him and you'll probably have your response within a few hours. He is one of our most active members, and a very pleasant one to collaborate with. In any case, you can simply upload the map you just sent us to the Xliponia page in the wiki and mark it as a proposal; I suppose Nik will pop up by himself.

I'm glad that your entrance into IB is finally official now. Congratulations! I see that you already found your way in wikiland. One small request, at last: would you, from now on, please be so kind to let all your IB-related messages to the Conculture group begin with the tag "IB: ..." (thus making it easier for non-IB people to distinguish between IB stuff and the rest).

Best,

Jan

- - - - - [ End Quote ] - - - - -

Japanese Nobility Page

Nik, the Japanese Nobility page is an orphan. Do you wish to keep it? If so, would you link up to it? :) BoArthur

Thanks for catching my inconsistency with Paris-sur-Mizouri. I remember that I had said that it functioned as its own department...I just didn't mark it as so. I think that I need to revamp my LA footer tags because of the "independent cities." BoArthur

Japanese Tanks

Nik, what was the name of the japanese tanks that Louisianne purchased? Can you put that in on the Louisiannan Military page?

Ezo flag

You probably missed my question, so I'll repeat it here: is there anything known about the flag of Ezo in snorist times? I'll probably need one in the near future! --IJzeren Jan 00:49, 9 November 2005 (PST)

I don't think there is. I'll have to think about it. Why do you need to know? Nik 00:55, 9 November 2005 (PST)
Well, nééd is perhaps too much said. I was thinking about making an image for the CMAEC, based on the flags of all snorist countries at the time. But there's no hurry, really. Frankly, I think the flags of the Romanias (using exactly the same eagle as Russia does) could do with some improvement as well. --IJzeren Jan 01:00, 9 November 2005 (PST)

Prince of Louisianne/King of France

Thanks for fixing the table, looks very nice. ;) BoArthur

Stubs

Thank you, Nik, for cleaning up the stub section. I see you are doing it as consciously as I planned to do it! --IJzeren Jan 11:26, 15 November 2005 (PST)

Housecleaning Prt 2

You may want to e-mail Carlos to let him know the whys and hows of your deletion of the articles, and just explain to him that should he want to eventually create a useful article, etc. etc., and he's welcome to do something with them, should he choose to...something like that. You know what I mean. BoArthur 14:33, 15 November 2005 (PST)

Archiving Lla Dafern

Thanks for doing that! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who cares... ;)

One minor qualm, though: you might want to move a few headers back to Lla Dafern (the current version). Especially the "History of flight" discussion is still going on, and shouldn't be closed prematurely. Later, it can always be moved to the November archive anyway.

Cheers, IJzeren Jan 14:06, 30 November 2005 (PST)

Okay. Will do Nik 14:47, 30 November 2005 (PST)

Important information to note:

Please note this page. It pertains to future events that we've been discussing. BoArthur

Spammers

I think that we would do better to blank the pages that they keep resurrecting and protecting those so that they are no longer able to edit them, you know?

I think that we also should implement a strict editing rights rule for the next month at least. What do you say?

Hmm ... that's probably a good idea. Nik 19:06, 12 December 2005 (PST)
Personal tools
discussion