Cultural Mentalities (not to be confused with Political Ideologies) are sets of minds influenced by cultural memes, which are aspects of culture that are inherently passed on from one generation to the next just like genes. Every ethnic or cultural group has certain positive and/or negative aspects in their cultural mentality -- preconceptions, mythconceptions, prejudices and the like -- that influence the way they behave. Some of these aspects can create interesting misunderstandings between cultural groups. IB is full of them:
- Aboriginal Rights - A view that the natives of the North and South American continents as well as those of Australasia deserved better treatment at the hands of the white settlers.
- Counter Culture Movements
- Colonies Without Colonialism
- Face - issues of shame and redemption
- Gallosphere - A Francophone movement of cultural identity.
- Jante's Law - peculiar to the SR and its associated territories
- Less Is More - subtle form of competition through lack of extravagance, ofttimes demonstrated in the NAL.
- National Realism - Artform patronized by SNOR
- Pioneering Spirit - perceptions that being the first or the biggest is better
- Time - perceptions of time and priorities
- Top Nation - certainly a Good Thing, according to the people of the Federated Kingdoms