When do I get Admin Status? I'm also Admin on the Group. :) BoArthur 14:43, 6 Feb 2005 (PST)
Thanks for putting the header up, Muke!
Let's all give Muke a round of applause for giving us the wiki! Nik 22:10, 7 Feb 2005 (PST)
"You have new messages"
Hi Muke. Since a few weeks now, I keep having this "You have new message" line on my screen, and somehow I can't get rid of it, neither by opening and/or replying nor by throwing away my cache. I suppose it's some technical thing. Am I the only one who's having this problem? Okay, it's not really a problem, but it's annoying. Do you know if there is a way to get rid of that line? Cheers, IJzeren Jan 23:39, 25 October 2005 (PDT)
- Actually it happened to me too—not on this wiki but the other one, on an account I made to test an edit dealie. I submitted a bug, , and it's confirmed that it's happened to others but havnt found a solution yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. —Muke Tever | ✎ 16:09, 26 October 2005 (PDT)
- Someone has reported that to clear the "You have new messages" you can unwatch your talk page (and then watch it again). This solves the problem, but it apparently doesn't seem to stop it from occurring again... —Muke Tever | ✎ 16:46, 30 October 2005 (PST)
- Hehe, it works! :)) Interesting, I'd néver had thought of such a solution! Anyway, I'm glad it's solved now. Frankly, this message was getting heavily on my nevers. And if it happens again, at least I'll know what to do. Thanks! --IJzeren Jan 22:13, 30 October 2005 (PST)
I know it was a couple weeks ago, but thought I'd wish you one, just the same. BoArthur
Hey, Muke! -- is there any way to eliminate users from the roster? I notice there's about a score or so of user names like "Rd10968580" which are obviously intended to be used as spamers. Especially since a number of Rdxxxxxxx users have been canned recently. Elemtilas 14:36, 2 May 2006 (PDT)
- There is a script to remove user accounts that have not made any edits. I have just run this. (This may result in some honest, idle users having to re-register.) However, the spammer accounts that managed to get through the spam filter are irremovable, at least if we hope to maintain database integrity. —Muke Tever | ✎ 15:39, 3 May 2006 (PDT)
Muke, is it possible to recover a lost password for a user? The_Jervan has lost his and can't edit the Wiki without it. Or should he simply create a new account? -- obviously, not the better option. I can't find anywhere where we'd have access to logon names and passwords to manually remind someone their password if it gets lost. Elemtilas 13:24, 12 May 2007 (PDT)
- At the login screen the two button options are to "log in" and "email password"—people who have their email address in their preferences can get a new password mailed to them. User:The Jervan never configured his email address, though—so I added the email address off his homepage to the database and had the wiki send him a new password. —Muke Tever | ✎ 18:13, 14 May 2007 (PDT)
- Thank you for that Muke! Elemtilas 15:26, 15 May 2007 (PDT)
- Huh, I didn't notice... I hardly use that address anymore, since it's so spammed up. I simply guessed my old password right. Thanks for the effort though. :) The Jervan 17:47, 15 May 2007 (PDT)