Rather than delete it, why not take it as a défit, a challenge to finish or expand it? Can you think of any QSS difference? If there really is only QAA, then why don't we delete it, but if you can think of some real QSS differences (like influx of Batavians from the Batavian Antilles during the Flo-Car Occupation, or the use of Bat-Guy as a staging ground for dissident activities against Flo-Car? BoArthur
- Not really, no. There are of course differences between the decolonisation process *here* and *there*, but those are pretty much explained elsewhere. For the rest, all the vital info about B.G. is on South America and in Batavian Kingdom. And that's pretty much all I have to say about it. I have a feeling that the challenge you mention wouldn't be much more than filling up empty space.
- Don't misunderstand the concept of QAA. It basically means: we don't know any particulars about this place, so therefore we'll just assume that the situation there is roughly like *here*. That does of course not mean that they are flying around in airplanes instead of zeppelins. Everything we know about IB in general would apply there - zeppelins, Tesla generators, etc., but also different methods in decolonisation. That's pretty much all there's to say about the subject. Apart from the flag and the fact that Batavian Guyana is part of the Batavian Kingdom, nothing is QSS about the place. —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 03:18, 5 April 2006 (PDT)
- I can agree with you that in some cases it might simply be "filling empty space" but at the same time, I think there's value to exploring it, should someone be willing. I guess when I wrote that originally I was feeling like IB was drifting toward deletionism, something I hate on wikipedia, as it's mostly someone's arbitrarily established "norms" and I don't like that, not one bit. As the BK is your "imminent domain" do what you will, I was mostly trying to go against the seeming deletionism. I'm better now. BoArthur 09:12, 5 April 2006 (PDT)
- No worries, mate! :) This has nothing to do with deletionism. Actually, speaking in Wikipedia terms, I'm more a mergist than a deletionist. What counts for me is that articles are truly informative and look nice. For example, I'm not much in favour of separate articles about all personnages from some TV series; I'd rather have them all listed in the main article. On the other hand, deletionism in WP is more about all kinds of stuff that according to the deletionists does not belong in an encyclopedia (conlangs, for example). This, however, is not about the question whether certain info belongs here, but whether we want articles that contain hardly any information at all. I don't. But of course, if someone feels like exploring Batavian Guyana, I'll be the first to stand cheering and applauding! In the meantime, however: chop! —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 10:59, 5 April 2006 (PDT)
Hey Dan, perhaps I shouldn't have removed the article after all! :) Anyway, aren't you mixing up things a little? Your additions to South America rather seem to refer to the Batavian Antilles than to Batavian Guyana! —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 12:03, 5 April 2006 (PDT)
- Not as such; the People's Army for the Free Antilles was based from Guyana, and remain a political influence there, althought there are PA parties springing up around the basin, the "head" party remains in Guyana. that's what I had in mind...and it's fine to delete the article. I've just had that stuff banging around my head and wanted to get it on "paper". Do with it what you will, to quote Zahir. BoArthur 12:06, 5 April 2006 (PDT)