When do I get Admin Status? I'm also Admin on the Group. :) BoArthur 14:43, 6 Feb 2005 (PST)
Thanks for putting the header up, Muke!
Let's all give Muke a round of applause for giving us the wiki! Nik 22:10, 7 Feb 2005 (PST)
"You have new messages"
Hi Muke. Since a few weeks now, I keep having this "You have new message" line on my screen, and somehow I can't get rid of it, neither by opening and/or replying nor by throwing away my cache. I suppose it's some technical thing. Am I the only one who's having this problem? Okay, it's not really a problem, but it's annoying. Do you know if there is a way to get rid of that line? Cheers, IJzeren Jan 23:39, 25 October 2005 (PDT)
- Actually it happened to me too—not on this wiki but the other one, on an account I made to test an edit dealie. I submitted a bug, , and it's confirmed that it's happened to others but havnt found a solution yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. —Muke Tever | ✎ 16:09, 26 October 2005 (PDT)
- Hehe, it works! :)) Interesting, I'd néver had thought of such a solution! Anyway, I'm glad it's solved now. Frankly, this message was getting heavily on my nevers. And if it happens again, at least I'll know what to do. Thanks! --IJzeren Jan 22:13, 30 October 2005 (PST)
I know it was a couple weeks ago, but thought I'd wish you one, just the same. BoArthur
Hey, Muke! -- is there any way to eliminate users from the roster? I notice there's about a score or so of user names like "Rd10968580" which are obviously intended to be used as spamers. Especially since a number of Rdxxxxxxx users have been canned recently. Elemtilas 14:36, 2 May 2006 (PDT)
- There is a script to remove user accounts that have not made any edits. I have just run this. (This may result in some honest, idle users having to re-register.) However, the spammer accounts that managed to get through the spam filter are irremovable, at least if we hope to maintain database integrity. —Muke Tever | ✎ 15:39, 3 May 2006 (PDT)
Muke, is it possible to recover a lost password for a user? The_Jervan has lost his and can't edit the Wiki without it. Or should he simply create a new account? -- obviously, not the better option. I can't find anywhere where we'd have access to logon names and passwords to manually remind someone their password if it gets lost. Elemtilas 13:24, 12 May 2007 (PDT)
- At the login screen the two button options are to "log in" and "email password"—people who have their email address in their preferences can get a new password mailed to them. User:The Jervan never configured his email address, though—so I added the email address off his homepage to the database and had the wiki send him a new password. —Muke Tever | ✎ 18:13, 14 May 2007 (PDT)
- Thank you for that Muke! Elemtilas 15:26, 15 May 2007 (PDT)
- Huh, I didn't notice... I hardly use that address anymore, since it's so spammed up. I simply guessed my old password right. Thanks for the effort though. :) The Jervan 17:47, 15 May 2007 (PDT)