Welcome Mr Linder, to our little corner of the Lunatic Persuit. If you haven't yet, please check out the article How It All Works -- it will offer you a basic primer not on this or that country of Ill Bethisad (IB), but rather how IB as a shared project and collaborative effort functions. We currently have a dozen or so active participants (and historically, about 50 named Members). We've developped a pretty reasonable method for deciding what facts shall be considered factual in IB and how to deal with the various proposals that have come across our collective desk. Pay especial attention to the sections "QSS & QAA", "The Cycle of Proposals" and "A (Personal) Word For Newcomers".
You're new and you've just stepped into a fairly complex world which is not exactly well documented. Some of us have been here a couple months, others have been here nearly ten years. I just want you to realise that when you make a map or a province or whatever, that proposal will be subject to discussion and may be rejected if it doesn't fit or accepted if it does. You seem keen and interested in developing areas we haven't look very closely at. I wanted you to know up front what you've gotten yourself into!! ;)))))
That said, welcome! -- feel free to browse, ask questions and get right into helping clarify our understanding of this secondary world!
- Romex, please feel free to contact me at zahir(insert the AT sign here)brainlink.com or via Yahoo Messenger where I am zahir13. I'd love a chance to talk over some ideas I had for Oltenia. Zahir 08:59, 6 December 2005 (PST)
I saw the three maps you uploaded. My compliments, they're excellent! Keep up the good work! --IJzeren Jan 10:56, 9 December 2005 (PST)
- Wow! Those maps are beautiful! ALmost inspiring me to make such maps for Dalmatia and Hungary... Dalmatinac
- Thanks. If you ever decide to do that I will of course be delighted to see them! RoMex 04:40, 11 December 2005 (PST)
Yes, they really are very high quality. Many thanks! Zahir 07:47, 11 December 2005 (PST)
Swenska och Norsk
(An Englishing of the following paragraphs will be provided on request! BPJ)
Jag ser att du har upptäckt Swenskan i IB. Jag försökte tänka ut vad som faktiskt kunde ha hänt *här* under sådana förutsättningar, plus att jag naturligtvis har en hatkärlek till Gammalstafning och kärlek till äldre skandinaviska i allmänhet, speciellt fornisländska. Jag "lånade" en del från språkdebatterna i andra länder som Norge, Estland och Island och resultatet blev denna kaotiska historia som jag hoppas inte är alltför förskräcklig!
Detta reser ju också frågan om hur det ser ut i Norge *där*, men min gissning är att den är ganska lik situationen *här*, förutom att Riksmål spelar den roll Bokmål spelar här, och att (Ny)Norsk finns bara i konservativ version, förmodligen. Se här. BPJ 11:44, 26 December 2005 (PST)
Thank you for recategorising the European flags. However, when you add a flag to Category:Flags of Europe, you might want to remove it from Category:Flags (since the former is already a subcat of the latter). —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 04:23, 27 December 2005 (PST)
- Nice work! Exactly the kind of detail work that helps in so many ways, and as such much appreciated--by me, anyway. A small suggestion--when in effect just adding a link to article after article after article like this, you might want to make those changes Minor Edits. Again, many thanks! Zahir 07:22, 27 December 2005 (PST)
For future reference, it's easier, and preferable, to move a page by using the "Move" function at the top of the page. This is easier in that you have only a single action to do, and preferable in that it preserves the history of the original page. Nik 09:57, 2 January 2006 (PST)
- Thank you! As it came to be I was very busy with school, but for sure I still have so many ideas I am developing so I could not be leaving, not yet... RoMex 22:56, 23 March 2006 (PST)
Hope you make it back some day. Zahir 12:12, 20 October 2007 (PDT)