User talk:Follow by white rabbit
Welcome Jakub! And congrats on what seems to me the most interesting user-name in all of IB! Zahir 07:12, 21 January 2006 (PST)
What brought you here? Have you been studying Wenedyk then? Welcome! Elemtilas 08:22, 21 January 2006 (PST)
- Wow! And he must be aware of the European Union alt-hist, as he knows Polish! Welcome, Jakub! BoArthur 10:16, 21 January 2006 (PST)
I've been intristing in IB and AH for a year. IB seems to be the most advance project in whole web. As you see I'm Polish. One day I was brosing Wiki and I saw "North Slavic". I was ammused because as far as I know there are only South, West and East Slavic groups... rest is history.
- Welcome! Bieńwięty! Witamy! Yes, I remember you, it was you who sent my that nice coa, right? I think I should apologise for not responding to that particular message; I got it in a very hard period and wasn't very active at the time. But we'll implement it soon! For the rest, see my talk page. BTW, Wenedyk has gone through a major rebuilding operation. It hasn't been implemented on my site yet, but it soon will be...
- Cheers, —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 10:56, 21 January 2006 (PST)
I've already taken care of the wrong pagename. Thank you for the article, it looks very interesting! I'm kind of busy right now, but I'll look into it tomorrow. Interestingly, I already made a WRW logo myself a while back (I think I forgot to upload it), which looks remarkably similar to yours! :) Anyway, I'll also check the Wenedyk; the language has gone through some substantial changes lately, and the info on my pages is pretty obsolete by now. But no worries, I'll make the corrections myself. Cheers, —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 08:02, 7 February 2006 (PST)
Thanks a lot Follow by white rabbit 08:07, 7 February 2006 (PST)
- Is this what you had asked me to take care of for you? or is there another page? BoArthur 08:08, 7 February 2006 (PST)
Yes it was, tanks for interst Follow by white rabbit 08:26, 7 February 2006 (PST)
- I like the logos. --Sikulu 03:38, 10 February 2006 (PST)
- The logos are great, but the Wenedyk unfortunately is wrong. Sorry, I haven't had the time yet to correct it (nor do I have now :( ). I'll let you know as soon as I have a little more time.
- In short, I think "dwuika" and "trzeika" can stay. But "unika" should definitely be "wynika" (sorry, can't help the correspondence with Polish). What's the background of "prim"? Any reason why did you didn't opt for "przymika"? Cheers, —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 04:22, 10 February 2006 (PST)
OK it doesn’t mater I’ll correct it and upload. There is “Radio BIS” *Here* so I decided to call it “PRIM”. In official logos of Polish Radio there are “Jedynka”, “Dwójka” etc. but “BIS” is still “BIS”. The ordinary names of Polish Radio channels are so common that they (Polish Radio) decided to use it officially. But “Biska” is more ordinary than the others (extraordinary ??).
... for Mąd par Siemiura and Waldemar Fiorarz. Strangely, I noticed them only today! Anyway, I've taken the liberty to disprop them. Very nice picture, really! My only possible qualm is that IMO it might have been better to combine them into one article. But that's merely a matter of style; I'm a typical mergist, who nice-looking, long articles better than a larger amount of smaller ones, and I'm aware that that is a matter of taste, really. Great work! Now finally getting around to reading up on Dziewłar (is that a really existing place BTW?).
As for Wenedyk, I can announce that I have finally updated my grammar pages, except the onomasticon. There's one thing: the hasło on the page should actually be Wołu krzeszczer. Of course, you couldn't know that and it's entirely my fault that I kept up obsolete pages for so long. But, would it be difficult for you to change that on the picture? If so, I'll just change the correct form to the old form (it's an irregular verb anyway), but if not, that'd be great!
- Thank you for such polite opinion. I must say I’m a bit confused hearing it from you and I don’t know what to say so just Thanks! Especially that BoArthur told me that there has already been one Lawrenc Koeing in NAL and it could be a problem, but I didn’t any information about him neither in IB WIKI nor in others IB’s pages.
- As for Dziewłar, there is such a village *here* called Wylatowo (the name is funny, isn’t it?) also called “polskie Roswell”, there is also a foundation “Nautilus”. In the past summer there was all over the clock monitoring, transited even by “Winamp TV”. Most of the people did not believe that those marks and pictograms were made by UFO and so do I but I don’t think also that local people do it. For me it is still a mystery.
- And the poster won’t be a problem too. Follow by white rabbit 11:57, 17 February 2006 (PST)
- Well, I'm not American, so I don't know the chap anyway. But like Dan said, since we already have four (!) Bill Clintons, three Hillaries, two Stalins etc., I guess there's nothing wrong with having a second Larry.
- I should read up a little on Wylatowo (funny name indeed!).
- Glad that the poster won't be a problem. Nice work! —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 12:08, 17 February 2006 (PST)
I see that you changed the picture, and thank you for that. But oh my, I've made a terribly stupid mistake. "Wołu krzeszczer" means "I want to grow". I was very tired ánd in a hurry when I wrote that. It should be "Wołu krzedzier"! Would it be too much if I asked you to correct that too? My apologies for the stupidity!
BTW, instead of using the "Upload file" option on the left, you might also consider opening the image file itself and follow the "Upload a new version of this file" link. If you do that, you don't have to change the pages that use it.
- I tried once and second and without any effect. This same was when I tried to upload new version on WRW logos. But now it works!