User talk:BoArthur/Archive 2
The List Map
Wonderful! Just remember the bits about Xliponia and Kemrese / English Guyanas. Kyrmse 05:16, 2 Sep 2005 (PDT)
- No worries. Haven't worked out the borders yet either... [PB]
No, thank *you*!
Thanks for getting rid of those pages- I thought that there's no way that they would grow beyond a stub so having individual pages for each of them would be foolish. Deiniol 15:54, 23 Sep 2005 (PDT)
- You betcha, that's my "job". I was afraid for a bit there I was deleting them before you'd moved them to the Minor Islands page. BoArthur 16:09, 23 Sep 2005 (PDT)
Help with French
done. Neither of the slogan were bad, the fomulation was just a bit odd.--Marc Pasquin 18:21, 26 Sep 2005 (PDT)
Dan, the Tywysocs of Armorica page was there for a reason- to redirect to the correct page (i.e. the one with the correct plural of tywysoc). I know the correct page isn't there *yet*, but that's because I'm currently writing it up. So could you undelete it please? Deiniol 15:36, 18 October 2005 (PDT)
Good evening to you, Dan! I see you like my new template! :))) --IJzeren Jan 23:34, 7 November 2005 (PST)
Indeed, I do, but there's a snag with Andre Roman...he served two terms...how would I use your template in that event?
- Let me give it a try. --IJzeren Jan 23:37, 7 November 2005 (PST)
- Actually, I think it looks perfectly the way you did it. Templates are there to make our task easier; when it's easier to do it otherwise, there's no reason to use it. Cheers, IJzeren Jan
I just wanted to say "kudos" for all the fine work you've both done. One of the things that impresses me is just how "real" Louisianne feels. Zahir 05:04, 8 November 2005 (PST)
I've had a while to work on it, and since IB's my only hobby these days, a lot of energy gets pumped in. But thanks for the compliment. I like the work you're doing, too. :) BoArthur
Category:Louisianne in Pictures & About deleting images
BTW, the spammers are active again. *sigh* Will they never stop?
Now that I'm here anyway, the following might be of interest to you. Did you know that when you delete an image you should never use delete button at the top of your screen? Somewhere in the help text of meta.wikipedia.org. I read that this is a common mistake of beginning sysops. I have to admit that I've made it a couple of time myself. The effect is that you only delete the description page, but that the image itself will float around forever, and can't be deleted anymore. The only correct way to delete an image is by using the "delete all revisions of this file"; the description page will then be deleted along with the image. Perhaps you know this already, but I thought it wouldn't harm sharing it anyway. Cheers, IJzeren Jan 11:50, 24 November 2005 (PST)
A new category, eh? Looks good! :) I just added the two subcats to the tree, too.
- Thanks Jan, for both of those, I didn't know it about the description page, and while I don't know if I've made that mistake, I know that I'll watch against it in the future! BoArthur 11:52, 24 November 2005 (PST)
Dan, I don't know if you've seen it, but I added a page about Warsina today. Note that I've changed my mind about the English name of the city, which should be "Warsine" instead of "Warsin". BTW, how is you-know-what going? I haven't seen anything yet. ;) --IJzeren Jan 09:10, 25 November 2005 (PST)
- It's going...but I'm hurriedly pushing it through to the end...I'm down to 5 days and I'm 15k words short. :| I'll do it though, I have today off and I have tomorrow off as well...so I should be able to catch up and get ahead, even. I'll make the changes to reflect your Warsina page. And yes, I noticed it. :) You should make a RTC in Pictures category. You're going to add more, aren't you? BoArthur
- I just added one more! Okay, I wish you a lot of good luck with your work. I won't be mad at you if you are not spending the next 24 hours fighting spam! ;) --IJzeren Jan 09:23, 25 November 2005 (PST)
Kingdom of Prussia
I haven't read any feedback from you about my shifting of data from Kingdom of Prussia to the stories of the individual monarchs of Prussia nor my proposal that the whole article about the Kingdom of Prussia be deleted for that reason. I don't wish to insult anyone or intrude. Zahir 11:49, 26 November 2005 (PST)
Sorry; been a bit busy with National Novel Writing Month. No, I think that's a grand idea to both move the information and delete the rest. I do want to say thank you for your fine contributions. BoArthur
Changes to the trio
I changed the three friends, Frankie, Antoine II and Aquico, to Harvard. Thoughts? Nik 01:16, 2 December 2005 (PST)
- I also changed EKI's base Nik 01:24, 2 December 2005 (PST)
- Could work, could work. I'll have to review.BoArthur
Hi Dan! Much as I appreciate your reasons for protecting Moldova and Danzig, I have to say that I don't think that's a good idea. The editing is questionable indeed, but don't forget that Moldova is currently under development of no less than three IB members (Ferko, David, Romex); by protecting it, you also make it impossible for them to make edits. As for Danzig, it's basically an extension of my own territory, and as for now I haven't really found a reason to revert the edits. So I suggest you unprotect them again. Let's just keep an eye on the edits of this anonymous user, and revert when necessary. Cheers, IJzeren Jan 16:57, 8 December 2005 (PST)
I protected them because they had the "Discuss First" option open. I also figured that if you objected, as with any of the sysops/bureaucrats, you would be able to unprotect those that you deemed necessary. If you are able to unprotect those that are in need, feel free. I just wanted to make the point abundantly clear to our feministic mystery editor that they must introduce themselves or we won't be that keen to let them play with our group. Please let me know if you're unable to unprotect them. BoArthur 17:08, 8 December 2005 (PST)
- I didn't want to bluntly undo what you were doing. And forgive me if the tone of my message was not as nice as I meant it. Of course I can unprotect them, but I didn't want to do that without your agreement. In general, protection is not a measure I like to take. Our luck with the spammers seems to be that they constantly attack the same three or four pages. In that case it cán be helpful, especially since it's not stuff that we edits ourselves frequently anyway. But protecting several pages from one mystery user who simply doesn't have the decency to discuss things first is not a solution; if he continues like this, we can simply block him for a while.
- And now I'm going to sleep. I has been a long day. My 5 m.o. son was hospitalised today with a lung inflammation, and I came home only half an hour ago. It's past 2 AM now. Cheers, IJzeren Jan 17:17, 8 December 2005 (PST)
- Jan, firstly, I wasn't in the least offended. It's been a trying day at work. And I'm sorry to hear of the struggles of your family. Daniel will be in our prayers. If you feel that it would be better to un-protect them, that's fine. It was partially a reaction to the work day and partially frustration at the mystery editor who refuses to play nice. Please, keep me posted as to your family's health, privately, if you so wish. You're in our thoughts and prayers. BoArthur
- All our hopes and prayers for your little one. Sleep well. Zahir 17:37, 8 December 2005 (PST)
Want any suggestions and/or critiques? Nik 00:04, 17 December 2005 (PST)
- Of course. ;) BoArthur 08:55, 17 December 2005 (PST)