Talk:The Salomon Islands
My idea for a coat of arms for the Salomon Islands. Being the Salomon Islands *here* part of BIOT I modified its CoA to make *there's* version.
The islands, as an English colony, would have the usual red cross patern with CoA inside a circle.
--Pedromoderno 14:55, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
Should these not be Solomon Islands? Elemtilas 03:04, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- I made that same question here some years ago thinking it should be the Solomon Islands in the Soputh Pacific. :) See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salomon_Islands
--Pedromoderno 14:36, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
- Indeed! The Salomons are an Indian Ocean territory, and are British. Well, carry on then old chap! Elemtilas 02:58, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- I'd suggest a single lion in the chief, rather than all three. (See the arms of Fiji, New Brunswick, Cayman Islands, and Prince Edward Island *here*.) Benkarnell 12:47, 3 November 2011 (PDT)
- When I made this CoA almost a year ago I based it in the *Here's* BIOT CoA. The three lions are derivate of the same number of lions at *there's* English flag, replacing the Union Jack placed in the chief from BIOT's CoA.--Pedromoderno 07:15, 4 November 2011 (PDT)
- Yes, I just think the three are a little awkward squeezed in there, and leave a lot of blank space on the sides. *Here* many countries/provinces with English ties use the single gold lion in chief, which fills the space better. Benkarnell 07:26, 4 November 2011 (PDT)