What the heck? - Nik 22:08, 20 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- Never mind, noticed it was linked to the books :)
- Indeed! Great story, Padraic... I almost feel sorry that it's just a piece of youth fantasy!
Which reminds me: we díd establish a few things about Antarctica once. When I'll have time (no promises) I'll dig up some stuff and wikify it.
Other thing: IIRC the etymology of the word penguin is Welsh pen gwyn (white head). In all probability the animal has another name *there*, perhaps a Brithenig one. --IJzeren Jan 11:40, 21 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- Actually, pedngouens would be a perfectly acceptable Kerno word, meaning "white head" and I guess penguin. Penouigonea is a mixture of the preceding with Patagonea. Did anyone try to anaylyse the Penguins' conlang yet? ;) Elemtilas
- Heh, reminds me, I was citizen of Free Commonwealth of Penguinea 1999-2001... Jan II.
- Might I suggest an Arvorec loan? pen gwyn is correct Arvorec- and without any preocclusion. 126.96.36.199 16:22, 21 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- Mind you, the "D" is silent before "N". Elemtilas
I still have the map of the antarctic, should we be needing it. BoArthur 16:59, 21 Apr 2005 (PDT)
- Didn't know we had one... Elemtilas