Anybody mind my giving Tolkien the Nobel Prize? He seems to have been more esteemed officially *there* than *here* seems to me. For that matter, anybody think of some other folks who might deserve same? I was thinking in particular the Peace and Literature Prizes, as well as the IB-specific Prizes could bear fleshing-out with winners. Zahir 10:00, 5 February 2006 (PST)
- I'm all fór giving the Prize to JRRT! After all, it was I who had him knighted. But why "somewhat surprisingly"?! Kyrmse 03:14, 6 February 2006 (PST)
- My presumption was that, like the Nobel Prize *here*, IB's Nobel Prize for Literature rarely goes to genre-fiction, especially fantasy. Zahir 06:23, 6 February 2006 (PST)
I was thinking about some more possible Noble Prize winners:
- Peace: the International Sports Festival Committee, the Neutral Aid Society and Mikhail Gorbachenko, for his founding of the International Green Cross.
- I applaud your choices! Not least because this blends versions of *our* prize-winners with those unique to IB. Zahir 10:29, 7 January 2008 (PST)
- Makes sense to moi. Zahir 08:49, 18 January 2008 (PST)