Thank you for that, Jakub! And what and excellent picture!!
I would remove the "proposal" tag instantly if not for one thing: the article mentions satellite TV in the early 1980s. But in IB, that's quite an anachronism, because experiments with satellites weren't started until recently AFAIK. —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 01:27, 1 March 2006 (PST)
- What about Cable? --Sikulu 04:30, 1 March 2006 (PST)
- Cabel from Batavia ??
- Cable Television. --Sikulu 08:12, 1 March 2006 (PST)
- Yes I uderstand this, but the main reason I decided to put this is fact that first Polish comercial TV was firstly brodcast from Netherlands because law in poland in 1990 still baning comercial media. Anyway it was only temoprary solution and in 1991 PolSat brodcast from Poland. Did cable TV from Batavia to RTC cost too much?
- That was probably due to Poland being communist at the time. I'd expect the RTC to be somewhat richer than Poland *here* (for various reasons), although collaberation with Batavia could be a possibility. --Sikulu 08:27, 1 March 2006 (PST)
- Of course, the RTC could develop its own sattelites in the future (maybe even a space-program). --Sikulu 08:29, 1 March 2006 (PST)
I know nothing about cable TV in IB. But I frankly don't see why it should have come from Batavia in the first place. Being a relatively free country over the past 50 years, one would expect that there woudn't have been a law that would force commercial TV to be broadcast from abroad. And even if so, I suppose it would rather have come from Preymeren or Rygen in that case.
- I wrote it as a humoristic point of artice witch I admier to do in IB. If Veneds are only a bit simular to Pols they would find any possible way to achive they aim, and if they are even more simular they would cerinly quarering in the Sejm if comercial TV should have special legistation or not. If you are not Polish or Jan it is hard to understand. Follow by white rabbit 08:42, 1 March 2006 (PST)
- Don't worry, the Veneds are even more similar to the Poles than the Poles themselves! ;) And yes, from that point of view I wouldn't object against any such legislation, just to make this happen. And yes, the Sejm usually needs years of discussing before it is ever able to take a substantial decision. :))
- BTW, did you know that we had a similar thing in the Netherlands? In the beginning of commercial TV here, it was broadcast to us from Luxemburg! —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 09:00, 1 March 2006 (PST)
- I don't know how it idom will be in english but we say that the history made a sircle ;-). So let it be - cable conetion from Batavia to RTC. BTW I wondering how transcontinetal and mobile communitation works in IB when sattelites are still in eksperimental phase (sic!)??? Follow by white rabbit 09:09, 1 March 2006 (PST)
- To weigh in I say NO to cable from Batavia, but I think there was aerostat broadcasts. In IB, it's been long established that there are blimps that will rise to extremely high heights so that they can broadcast down to Earth over a much larger area. I would think that the broadcast could've been conducted from the air through the aerostats, and we could simply change "satellite" to "aerostat". BoArthur
- It sounds good to me and it could be a solution not only for my problem.