Jan, can you persuade HM Beatrix to name the island? BoArthur 16:39, 3 August 2007 (PDT)
- Certainly I can! As a matter of fact, I already did! :)
- The water where the polder is being built is called Balgzand. So obviously, that is also going to be the name of the village in middle of the polder. The second village, more to the South, should obviously be named Van Ewijcksdorp. The island to the East deserves a nice name, so it pleased HM the Queen to name it Balgerland. This decision will be published in the Staatscourant tomorrow. —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 01:32, 4 August 2007 (PDT)
- I like the names Jan. And my goodness, I've just realized how much I've missed you! BoArthur 17:03, 4 August 2007 (PDT)
- Glad to hear that. I've missed you too. And IB. And all the rest of you.
- There's something I forgot to mention yesterday. Nicolai is not really a Dutch name (although there are probably people around carrying it anyway). If you want to go for a real Dutch version of Nicholas, I'd use Nicolaas. Because longer names like that are often shortened (my official name is Johannes, but I'm known everywhere as "Jan"), I'd settle for either Niek or Klaas. Klaas was the name of my grandfather, BTW. —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 03:31, 5 August 2007 (PDT)