Talk:France Department Numbers
Can someone help to make this into a table so that one can see most of it on one screen? (Instead of having to scroll down?) BoArthur 09:08, 8 December 2005 (PST)
- Done! --Kgaughan 11:40, 8 December 2005 (PST)
- Thanks Keith!
Comment/Question for Marc, Christophe, Others
I made this list, presuming that Île de France was subdivided *there* as *here*. Does anyone have a reason that this would not be the case? BoArthur
- The discovery that all of Luxemburg remained Luxemburgish rather than getting split between Luxemburg and France would be a minor change. Also, Brittany is subdivided differently. Benkarnell 15:55, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- I think the number for luxembourg can stay as it was at one part a department of france and I doubt they would have renumbered all others following its removal. The number can be shown as vacant maybe. as for the rest, DAAAAN !!!--Marc Pasquin 19:51, 8 June 2008 (UTC)
- I'm open to whatever change...and the numbering was more of a modern thing, wasn't it? BoArthur 14:46, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
I think perhaps it fits in more with IB if Seine and S-et-M weren't abolished, because IB likes odd cultural whimzies and Sui-Generises even when they are impractical. One thing I would say - having more than 100 depts is awkward because we have a few 3-digit numbers. Also, the Wallon depts are unrealistic, because they aren't republican. When that was in the French Empire, the depts were called, Forêts, Dyle, Escaut etc. --Quentin 19:16, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
- PS that would make fewer numbers solving the 3-d problem.
- Dan, some of the newer departments are gone now. Shouldn't they be replaced with Seine and Seine-et-Oise? It doesn't look like there are any departments listed for Paris & the suburbs. Benkarnell 13:51, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- we should also at one point figure out the names of the algerian departments.--Marc Pasquin 19:21, 14 June 2008 (UTC)
- Aren't they already written there? The Algerian page says:
● A1 Adrar ● A2 Aïn Defla ● A3 Aïn Témouchent ● A4 Algiers ● A5 Annaba ● A6 Batna ● A7 Béjaïa ● A8 Biskra ● A9 Bordj Bou Arréridj ● A10 Bouira ● A11 Boumerdès ● A12 Chlef ● A13 Constantine ● A14 Djella ● A15 El Bayadh ● A16 El Oued ● A17 El Tarf ● A18 Guelma ● A19 Jijel ● A20 Khenchela ● A21 M'Sila ● A22 Médéa ● A23 Mila ● A24 Mostaganem ● A25 Naama ● A26 Oum el-Bouaghi ● A27 Relizane ● A28 Saida ● A29 Sétif ● A30 Sidi Bel Abbes ● A31 Skikda ● A32 Souk Ahras ● A33 Tébessa ● A34 Tiaret ● A35 Tipasa ● A36 Tissemsilt ● A37 Tizi Ouzou ● A38 Tlemcen ●