|Question by IJzeren Jan|
Is it thinkable that the first king of Estonia (in 1918) was Adolf Friedrich von Mecklenburg-Schwerin? *Here* he was the projected monarch of the "United Baltic Duchy" Germany had in mind after the Peace of Brest-Litovsk, but this never happened because Germany lost the war in the west. My guess is that *there* he might have endured. In that case, king Lembit would be his offspring. Kristian? Dan? Others?
Cheers, IJzeren Jan 03:44, 18 Feb 2005 (PST)
- This was before all the chaos that took place in Mecklenburg during GWII when the duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and his family were liquidated by the Hessler regime. So I think its possible. Boreanesia 04:27, 18 Feb 2005 (PST)
- Remembering of course that not all of Mecklenburg-Schwerin were liquidated, as the SR Queen and Duchess of Schleswig-Holstein survived the Hesslerian purge.
- How would that affect things in GWII? BoArthur
- I can't really tell, because I don't know what the family looked like. Have we ever mentioned the name of the duke who was killed by Hessler? IJzeren Jan 00:43, 19 Feb 2005 (PST)
- The one that I had planned on/expected was indeed, Adolf Friedrich VI, father to Alexandrine "Adini", the wife of Christian X and his son, Alexandrine's brother. I had been under the impression there were only 2 children in the family. I could be wrong. BoArthur 17:13, 22 November 2005 (PST)
Snorist-backed Party Logo
--Marc Pasquin 16:34, 22 November 2005 (PST)
Excellent. I prefer the second version (in the first, it looks a bit like the poor animal has been stabbed with a cross).
I've been thinking about how this could look on a flag. All in all, if we want to keep the lions on a white background, I can think of two alternatives: [...]
Personally, I think I prefer the second version. But perhaps you have a different opinion? Or, if we should go for the blue-black-white flag after all, would it be possible for you to place the lions against a black background instead of a while? --IJzeren Jan 12:39, 23 November 2005 (PST)
- A few ideas:
- --Marc Pasquin 15:17, 23 November 2005 (PST)
- Definitely #2! I think it has all the qualities we need: basically the same flag as the pre-GW2 and post-snorist flag, but nicely transformed into something with a distinctly totalitarian look. Very nice, really. The other ones aren't bad either, but somehow the oval reminds me more of a corporate logo. Thanks! --IJzeren Jan 00:29, 24 November 2005 (PST)
- I like #2 as well. Zahir 07:35, 24 November 2005 (PST)
- Alright then, if no one else objects, #2 it will be. Shall I delete the other proposals, then? --IJzeren Jan 12:10, 24 November 2005 (PST)
- Delete away. --Marc Pasquin 05:44, 26 November 2005 (PST)
|Question by Deiniol|
Two questions, actually:
1) In 1924 Estonia was a republic. Where did the current monarchy come from? 2) In the late 1970s, The Forest Brethren developed in the countryside as an anti-snorist (*) force, reaching a peak in 1950-53. - Surely that should be "early 1950's"?
Deiniol 07:29, 28 February 2006 (PST)
- Good thinking, Mr. Jones! And careful reading, too! :) Yes, you are absolutely right in both cases. I've changed "republic" to "kingdom", and changed the "late 1970s" to the "early 1950"s. —IJzeren Jan Uszkiełtu? 05:49, 1 March 2006 (PST)
--Pedromoderno 14:37, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- I can see the image is coming uncomplete. For correct view click on image, please.--Pedromoderno 14:39, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- I think it's just the thumbnail. Maybe try saving it as a jpg? BoArthur 16:21, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
- Here is a reupload of your proposal in the .PNG image format. Does this look correct?
- Yes, it does.--Pedromoderno 17:06, 29 June 2021 (PDT)