How does one categorize corporations that fit under two or more categories? Egmont-Nordisk, for instance, would fit under media and publishing. Boreanesia 18:05, 25 May 2005 (PDT)
- News Outlet, Publishing house maybe? BoArthur
- I combined the category of Media and Publishing instead. That solves the problem for Egmont-Nordisk. But what about A.P.Møller-Mærsk, which would fit under airlines, shipping, industry, and oil? And what about Østasiatiske Compagnie, which would fit under shipping, industry, food, and beverages? Boreanesia 06:45, 26 May 2005 (PDT)
- Well, I think there won't by anything wrong with it if you add the same company under two different headers, which in the case of Møller-Mærsk would probably be a good idea. Regarding the Ø.C.: perhaps it would be a good idea to have a special "colonial" or "post-colonial" category? I can think of numerous other examples that might fit there. IJzeren Jan 06:52, 26 May 2005 (PDT)
- Alright. In that case, I may as well restore the "Media" and "Publishing" as two separate headings, and then enter Egmont-Nordisk under both. The "Post-colonial" category is a good idea. But, BTW, Ø.C. is and was never a colonial trade company. It's IB's version of *here's* Ø.K. (or EAC, as it is known in English). See [here].
- Yeah, I guess you're right. I think we should keep this section under control, though: if we don't pay attention, the page can grow into something far bigger than we actually want it to become.
- BTW, instead of "colonial trade company", I simply should have said: "foreign trade company". It's just that I associated it pretty much with our own V.O.C., which is a foreign trade company *there* too but definitely one with a colonial past.
- --IJzeren Jan 10:17, 26 May 2005 (PDT)
- It's definitely got the potential to grow into a monstrous page like the "NOIB/Nations of Ill Bethisad" pages! I have only listed a few of the subsidiaries run by Mærsk. I haven't even listed those foreign trade companies in the Scandinavian Realm with a definite colonial past. There are also the Filipino corporations whose existence in IB I need to figure out. Boreanesia 22:18, 26 May 2005 (PDT)
Isn't Ireland *there* known for it's beer as *here*? Seth 01:43 27 September 2007