Ferko! Please review this page!
Not bad! I like it. Except for the reference to Bosnia getting independence from the Turks - such a thing never happened. Bosnia *there* has never been a state of its own.
- What would be the fitting replacement for that part, then? BoArthur 15:19, 2 December 2005 (PST)
- Nothing. Just take that out, and the text is fine.
- What about the reference to Nord-Bosnia? BoArthur 16:07, 2 December 2005 (PST)
One question. How did Dalmatia become powerful enough to have colonies of its own, let alone so many of them? --Sikulu 16 December 2005, 15:48 (GMT)
- That question I leave for its caretaker, Ferko, to answer. The short version is that it inherited these colonies from Austro-Dalmatia, *there*'s equivalent of Austro-Hungary (which, because it included Dalmatia, was more seabound than AH and therefore able to build up a network of colonies in Africa). --IJzeren Jan 07:55, 16 December 2005 (PST)
- That only extends the question to Austro-Dalmatia. After all, *here* Germany only got colonies for presteige purposes in the first-place. I'm not sure about the AD's motivation into having colonies, or at least so many of them. Wouldn't France and the FK compete more vigorously, or was there a treaty made beforehand, in which everyone demarkated their own bits? --Sikulu 16 December 2005, 15:59 (GMT)
- Colonialism was not as aggressive in IB as *here*. Austro-Dalmatia seems to be the only colonial power that was extraordinarily aggressive. Boreanesia 08:11, 16 December 2005 (PST)
- Interesting. I suppose the FK wasn't so fussed, with it having 'control' (in the loosest possible sence) of the NAL-SLC. --Sikulu 16 December 2005, 16:12 (GMT)
I like the story of the eleven leaading Dalmatian nationalists executed in Belgrade and Serbian Voivod offering its services to Austro-Dalmatia, which then gave Nord-Bosnia and Vojvodina to Serbia. But it can't happen in 1830s, because Serbia became part of Austro-Dalmatia in 1882. Can you write that the Dalmatian nationalist movement was in 1880s or 1890s (perhaps following the independence of Dalmatian Hercegovina from the Ottoman Empire)? --George D. Bozovic (talk) 16:00, 21 July 2006 (PDT)
- The article was written by me while Frank was in China, so Frank should cast an eye on it in the first place. :) BoArthur 16:21, 21 July 2006 (PDT)