I'm sorry but this goes against QSS, the whole of the island is part of australasia and already carved up.
Having some aborigenes tribes converting to islam though could well be possible. There is *here* a small movement that promote islam as an alternative to chistiany although I have no idea how popular it is. The would probably be within the Great Corridor Territory (which covers roughly what *here* is South Australia up north through the northern territory)
On this subject, I remember having done a map of australia at one point. I'm pretty sure I sent it to the list, does anyone have it ? (is the file section of the group or somehwere else)
--Marc Pasquin 15:05, 4 November 2005 (PST)
- All I have is three maps of Oceania. All from June 2004. But they deal much more with Oceania than with Australasia, so guess these maps is not what you are talking about. Frankly, I'm surprised to hear that there is a map of Australia. I've been collecting every single IB map on my hard disk, and this one isn't on it. I've just checked the files section of Conculture, and I don't think the map is there either. How long was it ago, approximately? --IJzeren Jan 11:57, 5 November 2005 (PST)
- I did one around the time when russia, japan and south-east asia was governed by militant buddhist. After we went with SNOR, I made a corrected one (part of the map made no sense anymore.)
- I'll see if I still have a backup copy.--Marc Pasquin 15:29, 5 November 2005 (PST)
- Another issue, is Australia really considered an "island" rather than a Continent *there*? Nik 13:19, 15 November 2005 (PST)
- Could go both way realy. Personnaly I`d vote for island with "Oceania" being in more common use then *here* (australasia would be less used as it being a specific country`s name).
--Marc Pasquin 15:55, 15 November 2005 (PST)
The exact nature of the storyline is anyone's guess...
Does this fit a little better? Suggestions for a Title and Author?
- How about we just keep this page to eventualy describe the IB island of Australia --Marc Pasquin 02:53, 16 November 2005 (PST)
- I'm not sure what the point would be that can't be better accomplished via the Australasia article. If we want an article on the continents -- that's fine too, but somewhat redundant as we have the same continents *there* as *here*. If we really want an article on the Australian continent, as opposed to the article on Australasia, then we should also have individual aricles on the other continents as well.
- As the present article stands, the only fact that jives with IB reality is that there is a place called "Australia" -- the principal constituent of Australasia. I don't like to see such creative efforts disappear into the aether, so I'ld rather fictionalise them somehow rather than lose them. This is what we did with the Portuguese Aotearoa proposal. (Come to think of it, we could do that with the Militant Buddhist Russia proposal, too.) Elemtilas 13:27, 16 November 2005 (PST)