Rulers of Xliponia
This is a complete list of the Kings and Queens of Xliponia. Normal succession is from the deceased monarch to the eldest son or daughter. Names of female rulers are underlined. Until the mid-17th century it was customary for personal names to be adapted to Xliponian phonology; afterwards a greater number of names was taken over practically unchanged from other languages.
First Unified Dynasty - House of Bovlai (Toum Bovlaian)
Odo I unified several small monarchies in 1132.
- Odo I (Mar 1132 - Dec 1148)
- Odo II (Dec 1148 - Apr 1165)
- Bodo (Apr 1165 - Jan 1190)
Mersdonian Dynasty - House of Mersdon (Toum Merestun)
The English Earl Edward [Eadweard] of Mersdon became king after a series of mishaps left no living heir to the throne. His coat of arms became that of the realm – without a crown, to symbolise the loss of the dynasty.
- Etuert I (Jan 1190 - Jul 1208) [Eadweard]
- Etuert II (Jul 1208 - Sep 1230)
- Etuin (Sep 1230 - Jul 1234) [Eadwine]
- Cotuin (Aug 1234 - Feb 1251) [Godwine]
- Coqiva (Feb 1251 - May 1284) [Godgifu]
- Etuert III (May 1284 - Apr 1295)
- Ulvimer (May 1295 - Feb 1318) [Wulfmaer]
- Ulviqan (Feb 1318 - Nov 1343) [Wulfstan]
Maximine Dynasty (Toum Maqiman, Toum a Vil-Ulvicar)
As Ulviqan left no descendants, the throne went to Maqim, son of his brother Ulvicar [Wulfgar].
- Maqim I (Nov 1343 - Sep 1363)
- Maqim II (Sep 1363 - Mar 1382)
- Maqim III (Mar 1382 - Jan 1396)
Dynasty of the White Chair (Toum Haçetr-Alp)
On Maqim III's death, his cousin Feuçr "of the White Chair" - son of his uncle Çuli, Maqim II's brother - ascended to the throne.
- Feuçr (Jan 1396 - Aug 1414)
- Otho I (Aug 1414 - Jun 1435) [the traditional spelling Otho for Oço is still used]
- Otho II (Jun 1435 - May 1451) ["Vil-Oço"]
- Hoçannin I (May 1451 - Jun 1472)
- Hoçannin II (Jun 1472 - Dec 1494)
- Luc I (Dec 1494 - Oct 1513)
- Rudolf I (Oct 1513 - Apr 1533)
- Luc II (Apr 1533 - Jan 1563)
- Luc III (Jan 1563 - Feb 1584)
Augustine Dynasty (Toum Aucuçin)
Aucuç I was the eldest nephew of Luc III, son of his brother Marc.
- Aucuç I (Feb 1584 - Jul 1604)
- Rudolf II (Jul 1604 - Jun 1619)
- Aucuç II (Jun 1619 - Jul 1642)
- Iulia I (Aug 1642 - Feb 1661)
- Luc IV (Feb 1661 - Sep 1684)
- Otho III (Sep 1684 - Jul 1703)
- Victor I (Jul 1703 - Apr 1723)
- Iogain (Apr 1723 - Oct 1747)
- Filipa (Oct 1747 - Dec 1765)
- Victor II (Dec 1765 - Aug 1793)
- Luc V (Aug 1793 - Nov 1815)
Bailbiret Dynasty (Toum Bailbiret)
Matilda of Bailbiret, granddaughter of Luc V, came to the throne very young, at 16. She refused to have a regent, and ruled until she was 37, then turned the throne over to her son Otho.
- Matilda (Nov 1815 - Aug 1836)
- Otho IV (Aug 1836 - Jun 1847)
- Iulia II (Jun 1847 - May 1864)
- Luc VI (May 1864 - Jul 1886)
- Otho V (Jul 1886 - Jul 1913)
- Otho VI (Jul 1913 - Feb 1936)
- Alfred (Feb 1936 - Mar 1957)
- Luc VII (Mar 1957 - Apr 1972)
- Rudolf III (since Apr 1972)
|The current King of Xliponia is H. M. Rudolf III Bailbiret|