As in all levels of science, scientists in Ill Bethisad are trying to understand what the world is made of.
In particle physics, the major international laboratories are:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, located on Long Island, Castreleon New.
- CERN (Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire), located on the French-Luxemburg border near Jervaine.
- DESY, located in Hamburg.
- Fermilab, located near Chicago, Ouisconsin.
- CEC, the High Energy Accelerator Research Organization of Japan, located in Çucuba, Japan.
- SLAC, located near Codaliac, Osage, Louisianne. It is a joint venture between the NAL-SLC and Louisianne.
Many other particle accelerators exist.
The techniques required to do modern experimental particle physics are quite varied and complex, constituting a subspecialty nearly completely distinct from the theoretical side of the field.
- Aces — up, down, charm, strange, top, bottom
- Leptons — electron neutrino, electron, muon neutrino, muon, tauon neutrino, tauon
Gauge bosons — Collon, Weak and Zed bosons, photon Other bosons — Boson Scalaire, graviton