Manila is the capital of Bornei-Filipinas. It is one of the largest cities in Asia, home to 12 million people. Manila is composed of a province and several municipalites and cities. Intramuros, is a Castillian enclave, however, it pays tribute to Filipinas, and is included in census purposes despite its technically foreign nature.
Actually, Manila could also refer to the province of Manila, and the eponymous city as the core.
Jose Estrada, former Prime Minister of the Filipinas, is the current Governor of Manila Province and in his capacity, automatically becomes the Alcalde of the City of Manila.
The motley of cities and municipalities of Manila include:
- The city of Manila itself.
- Dilao, also known as Paco. It was once known to be inhabited mainly by ethnic Japanese.
- Ermita, home for the standard Chavacano dialect of Bornei-Filipinas. It is also the home of many government offices there. Unfortunately, it was once known to be a red-light district, in which during the 1990s was cleaned up.
- Malate, later taking up the slack of what Ermita once was. It is also a center for commerce and tourism, with many hotels.
- Las Piñas
- Muntinlupa, unfairly known for its prison complex.
- Novaliches, the most populous city in Bornei-Filipinas. Also a commercial center.
- San Felipe Neri
- San Pedro Macati
- San Juan Del Monte
- Santa Ana
- Pandacan, known to be an oil depot for companies like Petrofil, Anglo-Batavian Shell, Omnium Oil, and the like.