Aukštaitian Governorate

From IBWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Aukštaitian Governorate (Lithuanian: Aukštaitijos gubernija) was one of the five governorates of the Russian puppet state that existed in parts of Lithuania in 1947-1949 (known as the Lithuanian State). It was the largest governorate by size, but probably would have been surpassed by Lithuania Minor Governorate should the Lithuanian State existed longer. Its capital was Panevėžys.

After the Treaty of Visby, most of governorate became part of Vilnija, while the western part was joined to Samogitia (including the capital Panevėžys).

This page was created by Abdul-aziz.
Personal tools
discussion